One of the most challenging things a leader of a family or closely-held business will face is planning for succession. It can be both an emotionally and politically charged time, but it also has the potential to maximize opportunities and create a multi-generational institution that embodies the founder’s mission and values long after a transition takes place.
If succession planning is on your mind, IAG Wealth Partners can be your partner in guiding you through the succession planning process and beyond. Our advisors along with your CPA and attorney will help answer these important questions:
- Who should continue the family business?
- What will be the tax liabilities when I sell my business?
- How do I properly structure the sale for a smooth transition?
- What should I be doing now to maximize the value of the business?
- What will my cash flow look like when I retire from my business?
- Am I ready to walk away?
- How can business proceeds be structured to last my lifetime?
Whether succession planning for your business is a short- or long-term goal, IAG can help. Talk to one of our experienced advisors to find out how.