The official start of summer is June 21, but I think most of us would agree [particularly those that live in Wisconsin] that the weather has certainly produced summer-like conditions for the past couple of weeks, and many of us are simply loving it!
When I see or hear the words, “it’s summer” I get a picture of Olaf from the movie Frozen – you know the snow man who doesn’t realize that he will melt in the summer, but he has not a care in the world because it just feels so good. That’s how it is for us Wisconsinites who endure very long winters that often steal our spring. And there are the song lyrics that want us to forget about the harshness of winter conjuring up happy visions of “silver-white winters that melt into spring…” but I digress.
Summer brings so many opportunities to get out and enjoy all the beauty of our state, the amazing festivals, fairs, markets, parks, and recreation. The list is packed with more things than we could ever have enough time for. So, how do you know what to do, where to go, and when?
I’ve attempted to put together a list of resources that may assist you in navigating all the opportunities. It’s certainly not complete, but hopefully provides a good starting point.
Statewide Festivals – my goodness, I had no idea there were so many! Check out this website, and big kudos to this guy for all the work put into this. WOW! https://festivalguidesandreviews.com/wisconsin-festivals/ I’m pretty sure this is going to blow your mind!
Like Flea Markets? https://discoverantiqueshops.com/calendar/
Mukwonago Maxwell Street Days/Flea Market https://festivalnet.com/64837/Mukwonago-Wisconsin/Flea-Markets/Maxwell-Street-Days-June
Have any of these been on your long-standing Bucket List of “I really want to do that this summer”?
- Annual Cedarburg Strawberry Festival, June 24-25 https://www.cedarburgfestival.org/
- Bastille Days, July 13-16 https://www.easttown.com/
- Milwaukee Air & Water Show, July 22-23 https://mkeairwatershow.com/
- Zoo A La Carte, August 17-20 https://milwaukeezoo.org/
- Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts, August 19-20 https://www.oconomowocarts.org/
- Iola Car Show, July 6-8 If you’re a car fan, this is the show for you. https://www.iolaoldcarshow.com/
- Celebrate Harley Davidson’s 120th Anniversary Homecoming! https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/content/event-calendar/homecoming.html
- EAA AirVenture, July 24-30 https://www.eaa.org/eaa
- You know you always wanted to do this! https://www.wiscowchip.com/ Can you think of a better way to end your summer?
Whew! That’s a lot of really great stuff and I hope that it helps you pick a few to be part of your summer adventures as you enjoy this spectacular time of year with family and friends.
I’m not as talented of a writer as Scott Heins, so I’m not going to even attempt to write a correlation between summer fun, the financial markets, or your investments as he so brilliantly does. Just be sure that no matter the season, no matter the weather, all of us at IAG Wealth Partners are here for you and working to help you achieve your financial goals.
Scott is taking some time away from writing the weekly blog to enjoy some summer relaxation and rejuvenate his mind, body, and soul.
Quote of the Week: I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this. Susan Branch, American author